Friday, July 5, 2013

Jackson Family Beach Week

Our first full week at the beach consisted of rain, rain, rain for the first three days.  During the rain, we saw "White House Down" (so great! I recommend it), made cakes, hung out with our extended family (it was my mom's family reunion, and she has 47 first cousins), and read. I finished The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom, then read Inferno by Dan Brown and The Activist by John Grisham. 

The sun finally peeped through for the first time on Wednesday, allowing us to spend a couple of hours on the beach. It shined through for the rest of the week, and guess what? I didn't get burned! Not-a-once. Needless to say, I'm very proud of myself (props to Dad for lathering me up with 50 SPF). We putt-putted, walked up and down the beach, and watched Wimbledon (watching TV is indoors, I know, but I had to watch Djokovic beat Del Potro!!). It was a very successful week in Garden City. I can't wait for week #2!

Here are some photos of my fun week at the beach!

(This is what the weather looked like for the first half of the week. Not fun. Yuck.)

















(Baked two cakes and a batch of cupcakes all in my new white denim shorts!)

















(And Tyler helped lick the bowl that was not yet empty.)













(We ate at my favorite all-you-can-eat crab-leg restaurant on our final night in GCB.)

No comments:

Post a Comment